Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome Summer

Wow, it's been a long time since I've blogged.

As you know I had knee replacement surgery in April. The recovery period has been longer than I anticipated. I'm now getting to the point where I can set at the computer for more than five minutes.

Last week my Aunt asked if I would ever go thru the joint replacement process again. I think I would despite the swelling and the discomfort that causes. My surgeon tells me some patients just don't experience the swelling. Those folks are so lucky!

June has come and is almost gone here in the valley.
We've had a lot of rain. For a while I thought I would need to trade in my car for a boat! LOL! It's made for some beautiful lawns and gardens though.

In July, my oldest son will marry his girlfriend and her two children. He's been married before so I hope this works out for all of them. This will make fourteen grandchildren total.

I imagine our family gatherings seem large and noisy to other folks. When you get all those children in one place you just can't help it! They like to play croquet, throw horseshoes, run thru the sprinklers, catch lightening bugs and consume enormous amounts of hot dogs, corn on the cob and watermelon.

Speaking of hot dogs, my husband has started making Mr. Foods' recipe for New York Pushcart Onion Sauce. It's wonderful. It really makes a hot dog special. You can find the recipe at www.Mr.Food.com

I'll try to post again tomorrow. Enjoy your day!

No comments: