Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today was a dreary old day. It would have been a great day to sleep in, curl up on the couch in my pj's and read a good book.
However it was not to be. I had fallen behind in my housekeeping.
My mom needed me to help her for a few days.
I spent today dusting, vacuuming,mopping and shampooing. I also worked on decluttering the room we use as an office.
I gathered some items for charity I'd kept in the office because I had no other place to put them.I refuse to use the attic as a generic dumping ground. It's easy to say 'if you don't use it or love it let it go." It's not so easy to do it. Why do we get so attached to material things?
Later in the afternoon, I picked up my 10 year old grandson and we went to the library. I checked out quite a few books so I'll have plenty to read while I'm recovering from surgery. My grandson is very interested in history and he was able to find some books on Jamestown and Pocahontas. He usually stays for supper but
he needed to go home early .
He has his music concert tonight at school. I love to attend the school events. The children are always so charming. It never fails to make me smile.
My DH had asked me to make spaghetti for supper yesterday . I had already fixed it when he came in from work. He seems to have picked up a nasty bug so spaghetti was really not the right dish to serve tonight. I got him all tucked in with some chicken soup, hot tea and Tylenol.
I hope he can shake this off. He gets pneumonia very easily.
Tomorrow we are looking for colder weather. I'm hoping to get some outside decorating done if it isn't too windy. Tomorrow night our son is driving the company truck in the local Christmas parade, As a surprise he has gotten permission for the boys to ride in the parade with him. They will be so surprised! What fun!

No comments: