Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas. Thanksgiving/Autumn decorations have been packed away and I'm beginning to put up Christmas.
I hung an evergreen wreath on the front door and I'm placing candles in the windows.I want to set up my Christmas Village and decorate the living room mantle.
I have some Christmas books I tie with ribbon and set on the coffee table and I need to gather the Christmas CDs and DVDs into a basket for easy access.
I am purposely decorating sparingly this year.My collection of Santas and other ornaments will remain in the attic until next Christmas.
I don't know how I'll feel after my surgery next week and I don't want to burden my DH or family with having to take all those decorations down.
On a sad note, my friend Jackie lost her beloved kitty, Cleo, November 29, 2008. She has had Cleo the entire ten years I've known her.How I wish I had the words to comfort my friend. How I wish I could hug her and tell her time really does heal our wounds.
Jackie no longer lives near me in the valley. Her family relocated last year. I remember the death of our beloved pet a couple of years ago. It affects me to this day.
I'll be praying for Jackie. I know God knows of her pain and that He will comfort her.

No comments: