Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Morning!

What a beautiful Monday Morning. The sun is shining brightly, Right now the temperature is 32 degrees. Tomorrow it is supposed to be colder.
There is snow forecasted for the Potomac Highlands and the higher elevations.This is lake snow and they are calling for up to seven inches of snow in those areas.
There's not much chance of this snow affecting us folks here in the valley. We may get a few flurries. However it will bring significantly lower temperatures. Tomorrow morning the temperature will be in the teens when I wake up.
Today I will be doing the mundane tasks that keep our home a pleasant place to live. I like the idea of blessing my family with these acts of love. Whoever would have thought to call laundry, dusting, vacuuming, picking up , cooking etc an act of love? The Bible says "A wise woman builds her house"The house is symbolic of the family.These little acts of love help to make home a calm peaceful retreat. These little acts of love helps the family to feel card for and loved.
I also have a few extra tasks DH asked me to do for him.These will be my top priority. I have a great husband and I try to treat him well. I know there are lots of women who would adore my husband but every night he comes home to me.
I plan to make spaghetti, green beans and garlic bread for supper.
This afternoon I will continue to work on my handmade holiday.I found some neat ideas on the web. Gumbo Lily showcased some adorable cloth baby shoes, Rhonda at down -to -earth posted a recipe for Lemon Butter and I saw a link for water bottle holders. I need to look those up.
This brings me to my gratitude list for today. I'm thankful that I received my first short term disability check from work, that gas prices are dropping and that my son is hanging in at his new job even though he doesn't like it very much.

No comments: