Friday, November 14, 2008

Big Friday

Here in the valley we call Thursday little Friday so that makes today Big Friday.
I awoke to dense fog this morning. When DH left for work visibility was less than a quarter mile.
I have puttered around today doing a bit of this and a bit of that. I shined up my mirrors and I washed the insides of the living room windows.
This is the kind of job I tend to put off. It only takes a few minutes to accomplish and once it's done it makes a huge difference in how the house looks. I really need to stop procrastinating.
DH was working in the area so he came home for lunch. We had homemade vegetable soup, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and applesauce cake. He got a call during lunch to go work on a heat pump at a local church.I hope he can get their heat going. We have a cold front headed our way. Below normal temperatures will make for a very uncomfortable worship service on Sunday.
After he left I went to the local branch of the library. I was able to find some books that look interesting. I got a copy of a craft book showcasing easy to make seasonal gifts. I also checked out a book on simple living. I treated myself to a copy of the DVD Sense and Sensibility.
I'll enjoy watching this sometime over the weekend.
Many years ago I read the Stllmeadow books by Gladys Taber I asked the librarian to reserve them for me. These books are like old friends. I know I'll enjoy reading them again.
This brings me to my daily gratitude listings. Today I am thankful for the nearby library, for the antics of the gray squirrel that runs around our yard collecting nuts for the winter and for hot soup on a damp day.


.

No comments: