Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving



On Thanksgiving Day my family gathered at our home to give thanks for all the blessings in our lives. There are 22 of us all told plus Danny's mom, sister and aunt.
I love decorating for the holidays. The picture on the left is a little corner decorated with autumn garland and an old tableware set I've had for years.
It was a bittersweet day without my mom and my father-in-law. We lost both of them last month.
My father in law loved my cooking especially my pumpkin pie. My mom's favorite was my cranberry salad.
We made a new dish this year. The girls and I made a turkey cheese ball. I found the recipe in last weeks Woman's World Magazine. The picture on the above left shows our finished product. He's was almost too cute to eat.
I hope everyone enjoyed the day. It meant so much much to me to have all the family here.

No comments: