Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter in the valley

The big news is the huge snowstorm. We have received around 24 inches of snow with more falling.Currently we're accumulating an inch of snow per hour! We've not had snow like this in years!
The snow should last thru Christmas. It will be nice to have a white Christmas. I can't remember the last time we had one. And there's more snow predicted for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
I did not make it into work today. Instead I did some last minute online Christmas shopping, some cleaning and some cooking.
It's been a good day to stay in and keep warm. I'm thankful the power has stayed on. We have a heat pump and an electric range so we would be in a pickle without power.
For dinner tonight I'm cooking pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed broccoli. I'm making a lemon pound cake for dessert. Tomorrow I'll be making bean soup in the crockpot.
It'll be good with some cornbread.
I think I'll try to wrap a few presents and address some last minute cards after dinner.
I hope everyone stays warm and dry. Enjoy the snow!

No comments: