Friday, March 20, 2009

More Weekly Wrap-up


Today is the day I look back and take stock of how we managed our frugal lifestyle and whether we are on track to meet our financial goals.

Most of us learned to do lots of little things to cut costs. It's amazing how those little things really add up. So we hung our laundry, baked bread, cooked from scratch,packed lunches and availed ourselves of the library. We used coupons and priced matched at the grocery store.

I also learned some things in Blog land:
I learned that we could deduct the cost of the replacement windows from our federal income tax as well as a portion of the real estate tax. The accountant says these are legitimate deductions. This will help us out as we don't have a lot of things we can take off. I can't remember which blog I read this on -- probably" Get Rich Slowly".
I learned how to build a space saving rack to dry plastic bags. Check out http://simple-green-frugal-co-op.blogspot.com/ to see the directions for this.

I also sent in a $50 rebate on the new cell phone. This means the new updated phone will be free once I receive my check.
I was able to close one credit card account!! Whoo Hoo!! One down two more to go!

Check out The Weekly Wrap-up posted each Friday at Gettingaheadblog.com
You'll find more great money saving ideas.
http://6269.openphoto.net
photo © Darren Hester for openphoto.net CC:Attribution-NonCommercial

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like you did some things to save a lot of money, great job.

Frugal Sara said...

We are needing to replace some windows this Spring. That is good to know. Great job this week!

Calina said...

Sounds like you had a great week.

One word of caution, when I closed several credit cards, several years ago, the credit card companies did report that the account was paid in full, but not that the account was closed per the customer request. Which still showed as an open account on my credit report.

Make sure you order your annual free credit report and file claims against discrepecies.