Monday, December 22, 2008

Today is the first full day of winter. It also happens to be the coldest day we've had so far. The weatherman is forecasting temperatures in the single digits tonight.
Of course this created many problems. Our son's water froze and he spent all afternoon thawing the pipes. My MIL 's furnace acted up. After working all day my DH stopped to help out. He had a really long day.
Despite it's discomforts I happen to like winter. I see a stark beauty in the landscape. The scenery is so clearly etched. You can see each tree limb against the sky.
I like the long evenings inside the warm house. I like curling up with a good book or a crochet project. I enjoy spending those long evening with family and friends maybe playing a game or working a puzzle or watching a movie.
I love winter food: the soups and stews and various comfort foods. I love hot teas and hot chocolate. And then there's coffee.
I love snuggling under warm cozy comforters.
I love my flannel pjs and my fuzzy slippers.
I love the heated car seats in my car. We don't really need them that much in this climate but they're really nice on cold mornings.Yes winter suits me fine!
No doubt y'all think I've lost my mind!

No comments: