Friday, January 11, 2008

january 11, 2008

Wow! What a wonderful day! The rain is over and the sun is shining. It feels like a spring day. I really can't believe this weather.
I am still under the weather so I've been puttering around the house today
I did clean out the fridge. I probably hate that particular chore most of all. I really feel great when I get it done.
I got two new netflix movies in the mail today. We'll be watching "A Night with the King" and "Next" this weekend.
Also i need to get to work on my ripple afghan. I want to get it finished. We have two new grand babies on the way and I want to get busy making them some blankies. Our youngest daughter is due to deliver the latter partof June and our oldest daughter is due to deliver the first part of August. One is hoping for a girl and the other is hoping for a boy but I know deep down we all are praying for a healthy baby.
I joke that soon I'll have my own baseball team.
We want to start thinking about planting a small garden. Both of us love fresh vegetables. I'm thinking lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pumpkins, green beans and spinach. I want to make a sunny perennial bed on the bank facing south. We don't have a large yard so we will need to plan carefully. I guess I need to go drool over the seed catalogs !

No comments: