Sunday, January 20, 2008

Frigid Sunday

As I write this entry the temperature is hovering at 14 degrees. The high today was 23 degrees.We stayed in and kept warm. I made a big pot of homemade potato soup for lunch. We also enjoyed grill cheese sandwiches and homemade apple pie for dessert.
I am really glad we got our errands ran yesterday. We got the card serviced and picked up our groceries.
A few brave souls ventured out to see us. Aunt Kathryn and Hope dropped by.
Daniels' water froze last night and he struggled with that all day.
The weather is supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow and then we should have rain on Tuesday. We'll see. I know for sure I'm going to hate getting out in the cold tomorrow morning to go to work.
I'm reading " Why French Women Don't Get Fat". I must say the book is based on living in moderation. It advocates eating healthy good food in small portions. It also recommends eating at home so as to control both the quality and ingredients. The author also suggests staying away from processed foods. Healthy habits like moderate exercise and drinking water are part of the program.
I've tried lots of diets and exercise programs. Maybe it's time to try a bit of common sense.

No comments: