Thursday, October 11, 2007

October day

What a beautiful Fall day! The heat here in the valley has lessened. There's a little nip in the air It's a nice change.
Today I caught up with the laundry. I also got my hair done and did part of my house blessing. I still have to water the outside plants and make dinner.
Tomorrow DH has a procedure at the hospital so I want to have a light supper this evening. Then I want to work on the afghan I'm making our DD for Christmas
DS came by this morning and left me some pictures of our two grandsons. How time flies! It seems like only yesterday I was holding them in my arms singing lullabies.
We are so blessed with our families. Yet so much of the time we take them for granted. When the children are small we have to take time to care for them and our home. Time spent just being with them is so limited. We think we'll catch up but you can't. Once that day is gone you can never get it back
Now I have learned to treasure every minute! I guess we get wisdom with age.

No comments: